Hello everyone, welcome back to another one of my blog posts. Today is something a little different which is a post all about me and the questions that you have been bursting to ask. I have done a Q&A before (I believe last month) and it went down really well, so I have decided to give it another go and answer more of your questions from Twitter. Unfortunately, I did had to cut down on some of the questions as I have already answered them in my previous Q&A. This post is definitely going to be a long one, so I suggest getting yourselves a nice drink and perhaps a little snack. Let’s go…
Hmm… I have never actually thought about this. I am guessing we are talking about my forename. I am not even sure if I would change my first name. I actually really like my forename. I like that it is a little unique and not that popular. I think it suits me and I actually really like the name. So, to answer your question I don’t think I would want to change my name, however, if I had to I would possibly change it to Orla. I absolutely love this Irish name and I hope that one day I would be able to name my child that.
OMG!!! I have soooooo many memories from my childhood which I often think about. The one that stands out more than ever is the year 5 talent contest. Basically, at the end of the year, there would be a talent show which included one act from each class in the primary school. Our class would vote an act who they thought were the best to represent the class. I never thought that the group of me and two others would get chosen… but we did. For our little act, we did a dance to Umbrella by Rihanna that incorporated cheerleading and props, such as, an umbrella. I was so much fun being being a part of this and being taken out of lessons to rehearse on the stage, especially with my close friends. I remember during the rehearsals my friend fell off the stage, whilst doing a cartwheel, which was hilarious. Of course, we made sure she was safe… but it was pretty funny! This is definitely a memorable moment for me as it was a special moment performing with my friends. I just wish it was filmed on camera as I would love to give it a watch and see what we looked like.
How do you balance your life with your blog, your work etc …? @CarolMessias03
Personally, I don’t think I manage my time blogging very well due to the fact that I do enjoy going out in the day and enjoying adventures as well as working two jobs. It is very difficult to ensure enough time is spent planning, doing, writing and editing blogs which is why I use a lot of tools to help me utilise my time efficiently. To help plan and write my blogs I use One Note and a Ted Baker Notebook which I love so much. Without these, blogging would be so much more difficult for me. One Note is a Microsoft app that allows you to note down ideas into different categories. The one thing I love about this is that you can get it on the Apple Store and when there is WiFi, it connects and syncs all your information onto the rest of the devices that you own, e.g. laptop. I think this is really useful, especially as being a student because whenever I get a spare few moments I will note down anything that I would like to talk about on my blog, plus some useful information. I also use a Ted Baker Notebook that I have had for over a year now full of ideas, tips and advice. I use this to plan out my blogs, as well as plan my week by listing what I have to do every day to stay on track. This helps me to know what blogs I need to write, the blogs I need to upload, times when I have to go to work and any other activities I have planned. I recommend getting yourself one of these Notebooks and One Note (it’s free).
Even though I love every post I publish, I do have a favourite which is: My Everyday Spring Make-Up Routine. I really enjoyed filming and editing a video to support the blog post to ensure that you would be able to follow what I was doing so that you could try this look too. It was a little bit scary filming by myself, but I had a vision of what the outcome would be and I knew I would be satisfied if I could have a video on my blog post. I love talking about beauty products, especially make-up because I have tried so many brands that now I feel happy to advise people on what is good if you have very sensitive skin like I do.
1. What are your current hobbies? 2. What are your ultimate blog goals? 3. Do you think you’ll always have a blog? 4. Have you received a lot of support for your blog? 5. What is one piece of advice you wished you received before starting your blog? @DeerDeanna – Blog: http://deannastilwell.com/
1. My current hobbies include Blogging, Photography, Exploring, Travelling, Swimming, Acting and Teaching.
2. My ultimate blog goals would be to blog on a daily basis, to have engagement and interaction with the readers who like what I blog about and to be able to incorporate photography into my blog posts.
3. I would like to think that I will always be blogging… well until I retire or perhaps if I am able to, I will continue. I absolutely love blogging. I find it so much fun and is a great way to make friends whilst sharing information and advice with the world. I would never get rid of my blog. I would love to keep it up throughout my life, so that I would be able to look back at what I have done like a journal. I like to keep things and especially memories. If I was to ever lose my memory I could read my blog every day knowing what I had done in the past. I think it’s a great way to keep a diary about you.
4. Surprisingly, I do receive a lot of support for my blog. This is mainly from my friends and family who are aware of my interest of blogging and help by staying up to do with my latest posts, as well as understand why I love to share my life online. I didn’t except it, but the blogging community is ever so friendly which is why I am happy to be a part of it. I have not met a horrible person through blogging which is great because people are always willing to help and advise me in any direction by which I ask. I always appreciate the support, advice and feedback from people who visits my blog as I find it beneficial and educational to hear what has to be said. I take the negativity and turn it into positivity the easiest way possible.
5. Prior to starting my blog, I wished that I had done a little bit of research into what blogging platform I would use. This is because at the beginning when I started blogging, I used Blogger, then Wix and now WordPress. The reasons for changing are on the blog here: https://bryoniburnsblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/why-i-switched-blogging-platforms/https://bryoniburnsblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/why-i-switched-blogging-platforms/ I wish I had a general idea of the types of things I wanted to blog about and how I wanted my blog to look. This is because there are certain features that are only on some blogging platforms. At the time, I did not know this and just created a blog using Blogger as it seemed to be the easiest considering I had a Gmail account. However, a few months later I realised that I needed something that was more diverse and applicable for portfolios which is why I changed to WordPress.
I have only been blogging properly since April 2018 (2 months) when I moved to WordPress from Blogger. I haven’t actually worked out where all the traffic come home, however, when I advertise a newly published blog it tends to get more interaction with friends on Facebook, rather than Twitter and Instagram. I think this is because I have friends and family who like to keep up with my blog which enhances the engagement as some of them share it on with their friends. I don’t ever schedule posts. I just upload when the time is right and when I am active… for me, that is what works best!
I have always been a fan of reading and keeping up with people’s lifestyle, for example, on YouTube. When I stopped filming with my best friend on our joint YouTube channel. I wondered for ages whether or not I would be able to create a blog myself and share my life with the rest of the world. I absolutely love writing blog posts, especially if it about what I have done and my experiences. I think it is a perfect way to keep a diary/journal about your life that you can always look back at later on in life. Alongside blogging, I have a huge passion for photography which I would love to incorporate into my blog to let more people aware of my abilities. I am an amateur photographer who is trying to build a portfolio with many different shoots. I would love to be able to be a photographer at many events to gain different experiences.
- Without a doubt, I would love to go to America and specifically NEW YORK CITY!!!!! A dream of mine would be able to watch a show on Broadway. It would be a miracle. I doubt this dream of mine will ever come true… IT’S A MASSIVE DREAM!
- I would love to go to NEW YORK with my partner Kevin Turnigan, who is my best friend and soul mate. I love him so much. I would love to travel around the world with him.
- My best moment so far would probably be my travels to the Philippines. Never would I have thought that I would get the opportunity to go there, especially not for 4 weeks. It was definitely an experience I will never forget. It is sooooooo different to the U.K. and what I am used to. However, I really did appreciate learning about other countries and their cultures. It was honestly mesmerising!
- My main motivation to work hard, not just with blogging, but with life in general is my family and more importantly my parents. I want to make my family proud of me. I want to give back to my parents for all they have done for me and to show them some recognition of appreciation which is why most people will describe me as being ambitious and hard-working. This is definitely because I am always working. Ever since I was 16 years old, I have been working and paying my way to live my life. I have always had 2 jobs at a time, even whilst studying. I love to be busy and to see changes. I love doing things for other people and helping them which is why sometimes I go out of my way to do things for others. It is just the type of person I am… I just love being busy! In regards to blogging, I think that the most motivation comes from having the passion to write. I know it probably sounds absurd, but without having the passion to do something, then I don’t think you’ll be motivated or happy doing what you’re doing. It is like with every job, I suppose. If it isn’t your dream job, then you’ll never really feel happy about it. I am not sure how this came out… but I guess in a nutshell I am saying that PASSION is key when you’re working towards something that you want. I am rather passionate about blogging and photography which is why in my spare time, I will be active on social media and share with you what’s going on in my life through my blog. I love meeting new people and sharing similar interests. You may or may not know that I am a self-taught amateur photographer. I have the determination to create, learn and capture incredible photographs. However, to get better I offer free photo-shoots. I really love doing this! I love helping and doing what I can to make people happy. I appreciate everyone who has a photo-shoot with me because, without them, I wouldn’t be determined or able to practise using my camera.
- Do I ever struggle to stay motivated… YES! I can honestly say that I do struggle at time to time to stay motivated. It’s crazy because what makes it difficult isn’t working or uni… it’s the people who you thought would be happy for you. NEGATIVITY is a
bitchpain!!!! I have had a lot of negative comments or jokes made at me because I blog or love taking photos. I really have no idea why, nor do I know what the big fuss is for people to do that. I always just ignore the negativity because I have this figure in my mind which tells me to keep doing what I love doing. I am not doing anything bad… I am doing something that makes me happy, so why should I have to stop.
LOVE – I love being able to get my thoughts out there on my page when I write my blogs and I love sharing it with the world. It is a great way to makes friends and connect with people across the world.
HATE – I hate not being able to easily meet up with bloggers to discuss and share our interests. I have made so many amazing online friends and luckily been able to meet up with a couple for photo-shoots which I am soooooo happy for. I just wish I could meet everyone because you are all so lovely and very supportive.
I haven’t worked with any PR (that I am aware of)… to tell the truth, I don’t really know what that means. I have worked with one company called Folsom and Co. They kindly sent me a watch to review on my blog and also to advertise it on my social media. I did not get paid for it, however, I did get a beautiful watch for free.
I set up my own blog with the help of WordPress and their incredible features.
Thank you very much for all the wonderful questions that you have asked me. I had so much fun answering them all. Don’t forget to comment below if you have any queries, feedback or anything to ask me. I would love for you to get in contact. I hope you have a great day and more importantly a lovely week.