And a very COLD welcome to a snowy first day of February…
I woke up this morning to find a very thin layer of snow, despite the weather forecast saying that we would get a lot of it over the night. It was a bit of a disappointment, to say the least. However, we are due to get some more snow tonight, so if I wake up tomorrow morning to a lot of snow, you can expect more photos, snowball fights, and a little snowman.
You’re probably wondering what kind of post this is…I thought it would be nice to do a little transition post from January to February for you to know what I have been up to, as well as what I have planned for February.
RECAP OF JANUARY…
– It’s been 3 weeks since I started the second term of my second year at university and it’s safe to say that it has been a really good 3 weeks. I have been keeping up with my assignments, as well as making notes on my future assignments that will soon be due. I am really enjoying my performance criticism module as we are able to review anything we like, such as tv shows, YouTube videos, movies, live performance, and many many more. I like how flexible it is which is great because I get to write about things that I am interested in.
– You will probably know this if you follow me on my social media, but I am moving apartments in the next 3/4 weeks. I have been extremely busy ever since we viewed the property and accepted it, such as filling out all the forms, buying new things for the flat, as well as organizing a removal van and setting up relevant things that we need to be sorted before our moving date. I definitely feel like an independent adult now, considering I have been sorting a majority of this out all by myself.
– I have also been very lucky to have experienced photographing at the university’s student union for one of their masquerade balls. I had sooooooooo much fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have never really had the chance to photograph at a nightclub or in that sort of setting before, so it was amazing to try something new. I am looking forward to what’s to come, in regards to my photography career, and all the shoots I have planned in the next coming months.
IT’S TIME FOR FEBRUARY…
I can’t believe it is already the 1st of February…like that is crazy! January has just flown by. Although, I am looking forward to everything that February has installed for me.
– I will be getting the keys to mine and Kevin’s new apartment on 26th February, so as you can imagine, I am thrilled about moving. I have been wanting this for so long. Even though we live together now, it’s not the same as having our own flat and being in our own space. I have recently been making a few purchases of some things that we will need, although we are going to wait for a few things and purchase them once we have already moved in. Kevin thinks that will be wise, as then we just have to get it delivered there and I couldn’t agree more!
– I have sooooooo much uni work to do during February, such as reading 3 books for my Education Studies course which are quite complex. But, I am hoping to read some of each of them during this weekend, so I at least make a start on them. Alongside that, I will be going to my teaching placement 4 times this month and a total of 24 hours for my volunteering module. I am very nervous to be going into a school and potentially teach, but at the same time, I am very excited because I have been waiting for an experience like this for a long time. I have always wanted to be a teacher, so if this goes well, then I will know that I am making the right decision by studying at university.
I am so excited to be moving into my new apartment in a few weeks. I want to do some moving/new flat blog posts. I will definitely be doing an empty flat tour, as well as a room tour.
If there are any posts that you want to see, please let me know in the comments below. I could really do with the inspiration!