What’s the difference, eh?
Well… To me,
A bucket list is everything that I want to accomplish by the end of 2019. It can be something big or even something small and does not matter how long it takes, as long as it’s done by 2019.
A set of goals is a idealistic way of keeping track of your development as a person. From a young age, I always imagined of having my own home, a loving family, a dream job and living the life that I desired etc. Dreams can come true if you believe in yourself. The way that I look at it, is that if you break down these small dreams into milestones and accomplish them, not only have you achieved your goals, but you’ve also achieved your dreams.
A resolution is something that is changed, transformed or even developed to overcome something that may be seen as a problem or affects you as a person.
I have created 3 different lists below, including a bucket list, my goals and my new years resolution. I really want to achieve as much of these as possible. At the end of December 2019, I am going to take a look at what I included within this post. I will then be checking off all the things that I did and didn’t do. I will then make the decision whether to include it on my 2020 lists. So, without further ado let’s get straight into it.
- Spend a day at the beach
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies
- Make a difference – fundraise an event to help charities
- Visit Prague
- Go to Sky Garden in London
- Eat at The Ivy
- See Dolly Parton 9 To 5: The Musical
- Spend more time outside – walks, adventures, nature photography
- Start writing my own book
- Collaborate with another blogger
- I want to move into a flat with Kevin, for the first time by ourselves.
- I want to finish my second year at university with a 2:1.
- I want to reach 500 followers on >>THIS<< blog.
- I want to do at least 1 photo-shoot every month with a new client.
- I want to spend time on my blog/website to get myself out there and to work with new brands.
- My resolution for 2019 is to not leave my university work until the week it’s due or until it’s been set. If you’re a student, then you can agree that the assignment and/or essay is 9 times out of 10 available within the first couple of weeks in the module handbook. In this semester, I want to be ahead of the game. I want to know exactly what is expected of me, and when I have free/spare time, I am going to start that assignment or at least write my thoughts and notes down. I think I will benefit a lot from this as by the time I need to write the assignment, I will have at least a starting point and also a way to re-jig my memory.
Who thinks I can do it? What are some of your goals and resolutions?
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Where did that even come from??? This year has come around so quick.
For a couple of weeks now, I have been working on a new design for my blog. I wanted to create a website that would potentially integrate my photography, as well as my interest for blogging. I am going to be completely honest and admit that I had no idea what I was doing, so let’s agree that this was the best I could do. I am not confident with using the WordPress customizer, but I did give it a good shot. To be honest, I really do like the new website layout as it is simple, yet sophisticated.
I am very excited to be launching this brand new design as I really want to pursue my career as a photographer and blogger. I have always been interested in photography which is why I have decided to use this space to share all of my creations with the rest of the world, through the use of blogging. You can expect to see blog posts based on the topics of travel and lifestyle. I will definitely share with you some of the latest shoots, if the client agrees. If you are looking for a photographer, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
What’s happening in 2019?
It’s time for the best part of this post… all the things I am looking forward to in 2019. I suppose these are some of my goals, but more importantly some of the things that are going to make it one of the best years I have ever had.
- In a couple months, I will be moving into a new flat (hopefully) with my partner Kevin which I am very excited about. We have viewed one flat so far and we absolutely love it. We love it so much that we haven’t viewed another one since. Due to the holidays, we have to wait until January 3rd 2019 before we hear back from the landlord…SO FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
- I will definitely be going on a few mini breaks this year starting off with London, Paris and somewhere hot which hasn’t been decided yet. I absolutely love going to London because it feels like a holiday every time I go, as I don’t go often. I will be going there to go on the London Eye (again) and to go on a London Cruise. I think me and Kevin will plan out a few days there to make the most of it. This year I am definitely being spoilt as I found out the Kevin’s parents are taking us to Paris/Disney Land in April which makes me very happy.
- One of my ultimate goals this year is to really push myself with pursuing my passion for photography. I want to confidently take on opportunities to help build my portfolio and my experience with different shoots.
I am so excited to start planning, writing and posting on my website again. I have missed blogging so much, especially after the failure of Blogmas. I will be posting every Sunday at 6PM and occasionally on a Wednesday at 6PM depending on how busy I am with work and uni.